Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Teaching Kids Nutrition

I don't know how many if any folks, have taken notice that I've been away from my computer for a while and haven't posted. Well, I've been visiting my grandkids for a few weeks and observing their eating habits, which I find alarming! I think they are probably typical for their ages,5,8, 13 and a 14 year old who is my only granddaughter.I don't visit often so I don't have a lot of influence to wield! But I think with the population facing 60% overweight adults, teaching kids about good nutrition is mandatory! The problem is, as I see it,kids get addicted to the same things we do; namely salt,sugar,fats,white flour.That's what they run on until meal time, but they can get away with it because they burn it off.When they get older like the rest of us,if they continue to eat like they do now but become less active, then they will join the overweight bunch! Anyway I think kids need to be taught about good nutrition, but along with that, the importance of activity.Adults that aren't as active as they used to be for whatever reason, need to adjust their eating habits, of their own free will before circumstances take the choice away.

No comments: